Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Packing for Morocco. No Big Deal.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am such an overpacker. I was overweight with my luggage for Paris and Berlin before we even left. Whoops. So now I am packing for AFRICA which one would think is easy but not so much. I do not want to be that American girl attracting the bad attention for wearing dresses and skirts. I surprised myself with how little I ended up packing for four days in Morocco. It still hasn't hit me that in 24 hours I will be on a totally different continent. I thought that coming to Spain might be a bit of a culture shock, but I honestly have no idea what Africa holds. It will literally be a whole new world. I have tried to teach myself Arabic but thats not going so well since their words are pronounced like one is hitting a keyboard. For example, this is how to say hello...al salaam a' Laykum. So simple right? Not!! I have never been anywhere where I didn't know the language and there I can't even read it if I tried. I will make an epic blog once I return home to Sevilla on Monday.

Monday is more than the day I get back from Morocco, Its my 21st birthday yeyyy! I feel like I hyped up turning 21 so much at home and here it is just another day. But oh well. I will have to celebrate back in Sevilla and even back in Amherst. There is no way I am touching alcohol in Morocco. It just isn't part of their culture and again. I don't want to be that girl.

Another exciting thing that happened this week, I finally booked my spring break plans. Kelly and I are headed to Copenhagen, Denmark, Budapest, Hungary and the Amalfi Coast in Italy!!!!! Probably the three most random places but I am beyond excited. I'm quite certain I sent my bank account into serious shock when I paid for them but never again in my life can I just go off to Denmark for the weekend.

Anyways I need to try and get some sleep but I think I'll be just too excited! Until Monday...besitos xo

No comments:

Post a Comment