Monday, February 14, 2011

Besitos

Whoever said Paris was the city of love clearly had never been to Sevilla. People on any given day are so in love, walking hand in hand and engaging in very public displays of affection...any and everywhere.Passing men carrying gorgeous bouquets of daises for their lucky significant others while walking to class just seems like a usual day. I'm glad the Spanish men know better than to just settle on roses. Here on this Día de San Valentín (Valentine's Day) it is no different. It is just like any other day except today has a name. I was walking home from my cooking class and I saw a woman get proposed to on the bridge right near my house. It was so cute, it was almost sickening. I knew there were places in Sevilla that I had to avoid, if I didn't want to be reminded that I did not have a boyfriend on this dia de los amores and the Plaza de Espana would for sure be that place. 


I am looking forward to tonight though. What better way to celebrate today than with an old fashioned beer pong tournament at the local American bar. I've gotta make the zoo proud :) I cant guarantee that this Valentine's Day will be as eventful as last years which was full of free skating at Mullins, Friendly's sundaes and wandering uptown, but I will give it a valiant effort. 

I'm off to go eat before heading out for the night....besitos xo (which is basically like slang for kisses and has become me and Kelly's new favorite word)



No comments:

Post a Comment